Annual Smoke Detector Service
Detector Inspector is one of the original service providers in the industry, leading the way in the annual servicing and maintenance of smoke detectors in residential rental properties. Our smoke alarm service provides peace of mind to real estate agents and landlords by reducing the likelihood of a negligence claim. Our experience, professionalism and state of the art system ensures that we can provide a convenient, personal and responsive service to our customers around Australia.
Annual smoke detector maintenance/service includes:
- The preservation of records detailing that the property is compliant with current smoke detector legislation. This includes smoke detector positioning according to the Building Code of Australia and compliance with the Australian Standards AS 3786-1993
- Cleaning detector and surrounding areas
- Battery replacement
- Decibel testing
- Smoke test to ensure effective operation of the detector (when applicable)
- Replacement of faulty and expired smoke detectors
- Leaving information card for occupant upon completion of the smoke detector service
- Tenants signature upon completion of the smoke detector service (when applicable)
- Photos of each smoke detector showing the location and expiry date
- Displaying service information and photos on our online portal (allowing property managers to easily identify the last service date and previous service information while on site without climbing a ladder)
Qualifications & Safety
- We guarantee that each job will be completed in compliance with the Australian Standards AS 3786-1993 and the Building Code of Australia. To ensure the upmost professional and technical standards, all specific service and installation requirements will be adhered to.
- All technicians have partaken and completed comprehensive smoke detector service training and have satisfactorily passed onsite and offsite training. This includes practical training in the field, practical training at our training facility and theoretical training in the office.
- All technicians hold a National Police Certificate displaying a clean record.
- An Affiliate Member of the Real Estate Institute.
- Member of the Fire Protection Association ensuring smoke detector testing procedures are current.
- Current with Metropolitan Fire Brigade recommendations.
- Detector Inspector will maintain current third party public liability insurance for the sum of twenty million dollars ($20,000,000.00) and professional indemnity insurance with a limit of indemnity of one million dollars ($1,000,000.00).
- Our portal provides you online access 24 hours a day, seven days a week to important information at the touch of a mouse click.