I would like to introduce you to CO, also known as carbon monoxide gas.

Have you heard of carbon monoxide before? Maybe. Or maybe you’re thinking of carbon monoxide’s more popular cousin, CO2, otherwise known as carbon dioxide. Nearly everyone has heard of carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide is what we exhale every time we breathe, it makes up the atmosphere we live in and is vital for life on earth.

Carbon monoxide is like the little evil cousin of carbon dioxide, it looks and sounds similar, but couldn’t be more different. It’s colourless, odourless, tasteless, and extremely dangerous to humans.

I can already hear you thinking- OK, thanks for the chemistry lesson, but how does this apply to me?. Well the thing is, carbon monoxide (the toxic one) is often emitted from faulty gas appliances.

In the past decade, countless Australians have tragically died due to carbon monoxide poisoning. In 2015, as a result of a string carbon monoxide incidents, the Victorian Minister for Energy and Resources, Lily D’Ambrosio, teamed up with Energy Safe Victoria to spearhead a campaign to remind the public of the dangers relating carbon monoxide poisoning through gas heaters. At the forefront of the campaign it was recommended that households “find a gasfitter in the local area have gas heaters serviced at least every two years” (Minister D’Ambrosio, May 2015).

All Detector Inspector gas services are completed by fully licenced gas fitters who can provide on the spot carbon monoxide test results from each gas appliance serviced.

Prevent Carbon Monoxide leaks before they occur.