Regular gas safety checks are mandatory under new Residential Tenancies Act changes, to be effective on or before March 29, 2021. Organise a set-and-forget solution for gas appliances in your properties and sleep peacefully knowing that your tenants are safe, and you are compliant.
In 2020, Victorians spent more time at home due to COVID-19 and gave their gas appliances a bigger workout than ever before. And yet, only around 5% of gas appliances are serviced regularly in line with Energy Safe Victoria recommendations (soon to be mandatory under new legislation), meaning thousands of appliances are left working inefficiently and possibly leaking dangerous gas.
Why get regular gas safety checks?
Paying for a gas safety service might seem like yet another expense for weary landlords. But regular servicing has multiple benefits including:
- Minimising danger –A gas safety check every 2 years will decrease the risk of dangerous carbon monoxide leaks going unnoticed.
- Meeting legislative requirements –From 29 March, 2021, gas safety checks every 2 years will be mandatory for all rental properties.
- Maximising efficiency –Regular servicing increases appliance efficiency and extends the life of the appliance.
With Detector Inspector’s gas safety & compliance service, our Type-A servicing accredited gas fitters will make sure all gas appliances, installations and fittings at the property are safe and compliant and our system will automate the process from start to finish saving you and your landlords time.
What happens if gas appliances go unserviced?
Organising a gas safety service might seem like another hassle on your to-do list. But regular servicing prevents future problems and gives you peace of mind.
- Maximise efficiency – Regular services increase appliance efficiency, maximising performance and extending the life of the appliance.
- Minimise danger – A gas safety check every 2 years will decrease the risk of dangerous carbon monoxide leakage going unnoticed.
- Meet legislation – From 1 Jan 2021, regular gas safety checks will be mandatory for all rental properties.
With Detector Inspector’s gas safety & compliance service, there’s no hassle to you. Our system automates the process from start to finish, ensuring gas appliances are kept up to date and property managers have one less thing to worry about.
The Detector Inspector Advantage
We provide the best gas safety & compliance service in the business. With Detector Inspector, you know you’re getting:
- Industry-leading equipment and appliances –we use Testo branded equipment for carbon monoxide testing, and we supply and install all industry-leading appliances for heating, cooling and hot water.
- Ongoing safety & compliance –Our testing regime includes carbon monoxide tests and air for combustion assessment to ensure appliances are operating properly and tenants are safe.
- Access to qualified Type A servicing accredited technicians –this is the only class of technician permitted to carry out safety checks under the new legislation.
- Detailed safety and compliance reports after every service –so that all the information is in your hands. We also keep a digital trail of communications and services on record for audit purposes or in case of an incident.
- Fast appliance changeover and amazing customer service –because it’s our business to make gas safety as hassle-free as possible.
It is time to get your gas safety services organised right now. With 600,000 properties in Victoria requiring these checks in 2021, demand will outstrip supply and prices may rise.
Maximise efficiency with a comprehensive gas safety & compliance service
Our gas safety service ensures that all appliances have the correct gas operating pressures, making appliances run more efficiently.
Using our qualified Type-A servicing accredited technicians means you’ve ensured professional commissioning of appliances, which protects the manufacturer’s warranty.
Regularly serviced appliances have a more efficient operation, better performance and longer life, backed up by a non-voided warranty in case of unexpected issues.
Efficient services from us, efficient appliances in your properties. It’s a win-win!
Remember, regular gas safety checks will be mandatory under Victorian legislation effective on or before March 29, 2021. Get organised now and enjoy peace of mind.
If you’re a landlord, ask your property manager about enrolling in Detector Inspector’s gas safety service for uninterrupted compliance and safety of tenants.
If you’re a property manager, enquire below to find out how Detector Inspector can ensure your landlords' properties are compliant with the recent legislation.