The massive shortage of qualified Type A Appliance Servicing Gasfitters in Victoria represents a huge work opportunity—but you need Type A accreditation. If a long, expensive qualification process is putting you off, we’ve got the solution.
Why aren’t there enough Type A Gasfitters?
With the introduction of strict new regulations in March 2021 due to the changes to the Residential Tenancies Act 1997 (Vic), demand for compliance maintenance services in Victoria exploded overnight.
To help our clients meet the new regulatory requirements, Detector Inspector created all-in-one Safer Home plan to cover smoke alarms, gas and electrical maintenance. Demand for this offering is off the charts, and there’s a shortage of qualified gasfitters to carry out the services.
Obtaining the specialised Type A Appliance Servicing licence class can take a long time, so gasfitters industry-wide are struggling to catch up and get the right qualification to carry out the services.
Our solution? We’ve partnered with a Registered Training Organisation to deliver a nationally recognised training course in-house, so that our existing techs can keep working while we train them. We’re also offering the course to new employees so they can get on the job and get paid right away while they train.
Why do you need a Type A qualification?
The Victorian Building Authority issues licences and enforces qualifications and standards across Victoria. To meet the law, gas appliance checks must be carried out by appropriately qualified technicians who hold a Type A Appliance Servicing specialised class on their plumbing licence.
In the wake of the recent overhaul of legislation, landlords and property managers are becoming more vigilant about meeting the right standards. They know they need to use specialist technicians to keep themselves covered.
With a huge demand for Type A qualified gasfitters, now’s the time to get your credentials up to scratch and take advantage of the work available.
What does the training cover?
At the end of the course, you’ll have a nationally recognised Type A Appliance Servicing Licence with the Victorian Building Authority, plus a Restricted Electrical Worker’s Licence.
The course includes:
- Flexible online learning
- Additional practical training at our custom-built facility
- Learn how to test, diagnose and repair faults
- Cover all Domestic and light commercial Type A gas appliances including ducted heaters, wall furnaces, hot water services, space heaters and cookers
The course we offer meets all the requirements for the CPCGS4022 and Restricted Electrical Licence coursework (as specified by the VBA).
Why go with Detector Inspector?
- No money out of your pocket: Detector Inspector pays the course fees for our employees.
- Train while you work: No trying to do the course on your own time—we support your training.
- Get paid while you train: Working with us while you train means you keep earning with no interruptions.
- Awesome working conditions: Detector Inspector techs enjoy flexible hours, no paperwork, tools and uniforms included, a free company car and other great perks for committed employees.